B. 1957 Jacksonville, FL
1994 -present—Landscape and Figure Painting Instructor at New Orleans Academy
of Fine Arts.
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Louisiana State Museum
- Historic New Orleans Collection
- Whitney National Bank, New Orleans, LA
- La Mama International Center for Creative Arts, Umbria, Italy
- Danforth Museum of Art, Framingham, Mass.
- Alexander Brest Museum, Jacksonville, FL
- Hastings Foundation, New York, NY.
- Sandusky represented Louisiana in a project organized by the Hagen Museum in Stockton, California. Titled “Sea to Shining Sea,” the project directors selected 48 artists from the continental United States to meet at a series of plein air paint-outs across the country. The exhibit, in conjunction with American Artist Magazine, opened in spring of 2004 and was on display in 16 different venues across the country during a period of four years.
- American Artist Magazine. June 2006, "The Art of Post Katrina New Orleans” by Edith Zimmerman
- Louisiana Cultural Vistas Magazine, a publication of the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities, Spring 2006, "A Brush with Disaster” by John Kemp
- The Times-Picayune, January 27, 2006, “On Hallowed Ground” by Doug MacCash, review of New Orleans Exhibition
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, December 14, 2003, “Artist reveals a softer, gentler New Orleans” by Catherine Fox-review of Atlanta exhibition
- The Times-Picayune, October 5, 2003, “On the Street Where You Live” by Susan Larson-review of New Orleans en Plein Air
- New Orleans en Plein Air, Pelican Publishing Company, A book of paintings and a discussion of art by Phil Sandusky
- Color Magazine, 2000, “The Natural Way of Looking”
- American Artist Magazine, May 1999,
- American Artist Magazine, June 1999
- American Artist Magazine, September 1995, “Shedding a New Light on Temperature”
technical article by Phil Sandusky on color relationships.